Monday, May 7, 2007

Highlighting Your Face



If you're wondering whats up with the walking light bulbsthat are lighting up faces of the many pretties, please do.not.buy.one. I'll tell you how to make it yourself. Why have one? Because it makes you look beautiful in any light :) Even noon!!


1. Rezz a sphere. This means you go to Build/Create and select the picture that looks like a ball. It will place a wooden ball on the ground once you click that spot.


2. Get an pure alpha texture. How? Well you could ask around if you have any friends that build. Or you can message me, I'll give it to you. The folks in the Second Life Builders group can give it to you as well. So, drag that alpha texture from your inventory into the Texture box in the Edit menu, under the texture tab. It's going to make your sphere disappear too so highlight objects by pressing alt + ctrl + t and you'll find it.


3. Select the Features tab in the Edit menu for your prim. Click Light and watch your prim glow. :) You can play with the settings to make your face highlight the way you like, but I suggest keeping it low, the effect is already dramatic. Mine is set to .706, .500, 1.00 and .5m away from my face.


Attach your new prim to your nose, chin, eyes or mouth. I suggest nose, but you can play around with the effect by moving it in different directions with the arrows.


Now you're glowing!

No comments: